Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Quick Update

Today was the kids first day back to their old school since they left last fall.  Three days a week they go in for extra curricular classes, Gym, Music and Art.  I took them in this morning to go to their Gym class.  They complained about their newly purchased big gym shoes and too small socks.  The shoes kept slipping off the back of their heel and their socks were slouching down as well.  If I would have bought stuff the other way; ie, shoes too small and socks too big they would have complained about it too.  What's a mom to do?
Back to our morning.  The school was well prepared for our arrival.  The kids were greeted by their most favorite literacy para.  She took them in and walked them to the Gym.  I went and briefly talked to the new Speech Therapist and we tentatively set reasonable goals for them the children to achieve this year.
Afterward I sat in the school office waiting for my two to return.  I got a report that while in their class someone spied them laughing and playing with the other kids.  YES!  Laughing!  I don't think they've really ever done that in front of the other kids before.  I'll have to do some asking around, but I'm pretty sure about the last statement.
Upon leaving the girls said they had fun and recognized a lot of the kids from their Kindergarten class.  I think that was a relief to them, seeing familiar faces.
Golden Garden Spider
We came home to have some lunch and to explore the back yard.  Look what my little scientists found!  They've always had an affinity to spiders for some reason.  They're fascinated by them and, as you can see, pick out some pretty amazing species!  My two know every creature that resides in our back yard.....all the way down to these big ugly guys.  This thing was the size of a quarter easy.  I googled it and found out it was a Golden Garden Spider.  Completely harmless and the females are almost twice as big as the males with the abdomen being wider.
Looking forward to the rest of the week to see how the kids will transition into our new fall routine.  Co op starts the 21st of this month and  I'm praying this is the good foot that will set the tone for the rest of the school year.  LAUGHING on the first day! YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be brave.....